Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Wednesday 28 January 2015

More geese

Yesterday when I checked the goose flock near work all I could find was the 2 Barnacle Geese (but there weren't many geese there - many more evidently arrived soon after, judging from the report of 10,000 in the early afternoon).

I returned today and found a lot more geese, though many were out of sight from my view point.  A single Barnacle Goose and an Icelandic Greylag Goose were all I could pick out on the first scan but then the pair of Barnacle Geese flew in.  A more careful look revealed a party of 4 Tundra Bean Geese and then before I left a fifth Tundra Bean Goose appeared.  Although bigger numbers were present today it was nowhere near 10,000.  As I drove off I noticed a huge flock in the distance getting up from a field that is out of view from any road - maybe that's where the rest have been getting?

No comments:

Post a Comment