Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Wednesday 14 January 2015

More Tundras

Today's wild goose chase took me to Choseley where the first orange-legged geese I came across were both Pink-feet.  Actually they were pretty dull pinkish orange, but enough to warrant a closer look.  Pink-feet they were though so I continued scanning, soon coming across a bird with proper bright orange legs.  At first I thought it was another orange-legged Pink-foot as it didn't look very Beany but then it turned slightly and looked completely different, a fine Tundra Bean Goose.  Then I realised there were three, and then I suspected the two sleeping birds lying down next to them were more.  Eventually they woke up and confirmed their identity and while all that was happening a different bird wandered past - 6 Tundra Bean Geese in all.







Tundra Bean Geese, Choseley, 14th January

No comments:

Post a Comment