Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Friday 20 March 2015

Solar eclipse

With cloud forecast I didn't expect to see this morning's solar eclipse but as I drove to work the cloud shifted just enough to be able to see the sun through the cloud very briefly, and clearly in partial eclipse.  Half an hour later, at work, it was just about clear enough to see again - this time more fully eclipsed, albeit perhaps not quite at its peak.


partial solar eclipse, from Bircham Newton, 20th March


A wander round Syderstone Common at lunch time was uneventful from the insecting perspective but birds included a nice singing Treecreeper and this:

Kestrel, Syderstone Common, 20th March


No comments:

Post a Comment