Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Thursday 9 April 2015

Avocets back

Dave and I were pleasantly surprised to find breeding Avocets on our inland patch two years ago.  They raised three young but although they returned last year the habitat was less attractive and we don't think they stayed to breed.  The pit where they bred remains unsuitable so the chances of them breeding successfully this year is low, but even so it was nice to see a pair back yesterday evening.

Avocets, near Dereham, 8th April


Also on the patch were 2 Little Ringed Plovers, my first 3 Swallows of the year and, at dusk, 2 Curlew.

No comments:

Post a Comment