Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Red-rumper

It's a pretty extraordinary thing that a Red-rumped Swallow should be knocking around in Norfolk at the winter solstice, but we live in extraordinary times!

I was working today so popped out to Holkham in my lunch break.  The Red-rumped Swallow was performing nicely, flying around over the edges of the pines in Holkham Park, right above the A149.  A cracking little bird, with faded white rump and one tail streamer shorter than the other.  Shame I only noticed I had the camera on the wrong setting just before the battery ran out, and then not enough time to change it before heading back to work, but these will just have to do for now...


Red-rumped Swallow, Holkham, 22nd December

No comments:

Post a Comment